- JOIN IN
- Calls & Dates
- General Information
- Summer School
AI Mashup Challenge 2013
The AI Mashup Challenge will take place on Tuesday, May 28th, 17:00-18:30
Mashup Talks Session:
A mashup is a lightweight (web) application that offers new functionality by combining, aggregating and transforming resources and services available on the web. Combination alone is not enough to call it a mashup. Consider, for example, visiting a site that is written in a foreign language. Simultaneously using a dictionary in order to translate certain words is not a mashup. A possible mashup would be a new service allowing to click on a foreign word and simultaneously get it translated.
Instructions for Challengers
This year, the awards will be decided both by the Program Committee and the Conference participants. The Program Committee will provide the 40% of the final score of each mashup whereas the Conference participants will vote for the remaining 60%. The Program committee will also decide which mashups will participate in the event.
- As soon as you decide to participate in this event, register your mashup by sending an email to Ioannis Papadakis (see http://aimashup.org). The organizers will provide you with access to a subpage of the wiki in order to advertise your mashup and refer to its URL. Have in mind that your mashup stays at your URL and under your control. You can go on improving it until the days of the conference.
- Submit a 5-page paper (LNCS format) corresponding to the mashup. Be careful, there is a deadline for paper submission! All submissions will be peer-reviewed. The reviewing process will result in the mashups that qualify to participate in the event and claim the awards.
- The Challenge will have its own session during the conference and you will be asked to present your mashup with a poster and/or laptop.
- At the end of the event, all Conference participants will vote for the best mashup. Their vote together with the evaluation of the Program Committee will decide the winners of the Challenge.
- The top-three papers will be published in supplementary post-conference proceedings to be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. If your paper belongs to the top-three, you will be asked to address the reviewers' comments and provide a camera-ready version as well.
- Have in mind that you have enough time until the days of the Conference to improve your mashup and increase your chances to win the awards.
For more details, visit AI Mashup Challenge 2013 website: http://aimashup.org